Grover Cleveland A Study in Courage, Vol. 2, To the End of a Career, Allan Nevins
The Brothers Karamazov, Fyodor Dostoyevsky
William McKinley and His America, H. Wayne Morgan
My reading rotation, with my current category in bold and my last completed from each category in blue:
- Next item from my book list, 52 Great Books to Read from the New York Public Library, Lynn Gordon , Chronicle Books, 1998.
(One Hundred Years of Solitude, Gabriel García Márquez)
- Item suggested by and/or owned by my wife.
(Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone, J.K. Rowling)
- Suggestion from my local library, or its latest annual community-wide One Read selection.
(The Elementals, Michael McDowell)
- My personal choice, which may be from any of the other categories or something entirely different.
(American Indians/American Presidents, Clifford E. Trafzer)
- A biography of one of the US presidents.
(Benjamin Harrison, Charles W. Calhoun)
- Suggestion from a friend or family member.
(Cat’s Cradle, Kurt Vonnegut)
- Wild Card–a title that was an impulse or recommendation and moved ahead of my next book already in the queue.
(Washington’s Monument and the Fascinating History of the Obelisk, John Steele Gordon)
- I am also reading one presidential biography in between each category.
(Grover Cleveland A Study in Courage, Vol. 2, To the End of a Career, Allan Nevins)
My collection as it was recently. Owned presidents currently are: 1Washington, 2Adams, 3Jefferson, 4Madison, 5Monroe, 6Adams, 7Jackson, 8Van Buren, 9Harrison, 10Tyler, 11Polk, 12Taylor, 13Fillmore, 14Pierce, 15Buchanan, 16Lincoln, 17Johnson, 18Grant, 19Hayes, 20Garfield, 21Arthur, 22Cleveland, 23Harrison, 24Cleveland, 25McKinley, 26Roosevelt, 32Roosevelt, 33Truman, 34Eisenhower, 35Kennedy, 37Nixon, 40Reagan, 41Bush, and 42Clinton.