The Life and Times of William Howard Taft, Volume II, Henry F. Pringle
Blood in the Water: The Attica Prison Uprising o f 1971 and its Legacy, Heather Ann Thompson
Taft 2012, Jason Heller
My reading rotation, with my current category in bold and my last completed from each category in blue:
- Next item from my book list, 52 Great Books to Read from the New York Public Library, Lynn Gordon , Chronicle Books, 1998.
(The Great Gatsby, F.Scott Fitzgerald)
- Item suggested by and/or owned by my wife.
(Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, J.K. Rowling)
- Suggestion from my local library, or its latest annual community-wide One Read selection.
(Killers of the Flower Moon, David Grann)
- My personal choice, which may be from any of the other categories or something entirely different.
(American Indians/American Presidents, Clifford E. Trafzer)
- A biography of one of the US presidents.
(Benjamin Harrison, Charles W. Calhoun)
- Suggestion from a friend or family member.
(The Brothers Karamazov, Fyodor Dostoyevsky)
- Wild Card–a title that was an impulse or recommendation and moved ahead of my next book already in the queue.
(Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, J.K. Rowling)
- I am also reading one presidential biography in between each category.
(The Life and Times of William Howard Taft, Volume II, Henry F. Pringle)
My collection as it was recently. Owned presidents currently are: 1Washington, 2Adams, 3Jefferson, 4Madison, 5Monroe, 6Adams, 7Jackson, 8Van Buren, 9Harrison, 10Tyler, 11Polk, 12Taylor, 13Fillmore, 14Pierce, 15Buchanan, 16Lincoln, 17Johnson, 18Grant, 19Hayes, 20Garfield, 21Arthur, 22Cleveland, 23Harrison, 24Cleveland, 25McKinley, 26Roosevelt, 27Taft, 28Wilson, 32Roosevelt, 33Truman, 34Eisenhower, 35Kennedy, 37Nixon, 40Reagan, 41Bush, and 42Clinton.