The Human Age, Diane Ackerman
Team of Rivals, Doris Kearns Goodwin
A. Lincoln: A Biography, Ronald C. White, Jr.
My reading rotation, with my current category in bold and my last completed from each category in blue:
- Next item from my book list, 52 Great Books to Read from the New York Public Library, Lynn Gordon , Chronicle Books, 1998.
(The Color Purple, Alice Walker)
- Item suggested by and/or owned by my wife.
(Hitler’s Last Days: The Death of the Nazi Regime and the World’s Most Notorious Dictator, Bill O’Reilly)
- Suggestion from my local library, or its latest annual community-wide One Read selection.
(The Long Walk, Richard Bachman)
- My personal choice, which may be from any of the other categories or something entirely different.
(The Human Age, Diane Ackerman)
- A biography of one of the US presidents.
(Old Tippecanoe: William Henry Harrison and His Time, Freeman Cleaves)
- Suggestion from a friend or family member.
(Case Closed: Lee Harvey Oswald and the Assassination of JFK, Gerald Posner)
- Wild Card–a title that was an impulse or recommendation and moved ahead of my next book already in the queue.
(President James Buchanan: A Biography, Philip S. Klein)
- I am also reading one presidential biography in between each category.
(Franklin Pierce: Young Hickory of the Granite Hills, Roy F. Nichols)
[My collection as it is currently. Owned presidents are: 1Washington, 2Adams, 3Jefferson, 4Madison, 5Monroe, 6Adams, 7Jackson, 8Van Buren, 9Harrison, 10Tyler, 11Polk, 12Taylor, 13Fillmore, 16Lincoln, 26Roosevelt, 32Roosevelt, 33Truman, 34Eisenhower, 35Kennedy, 37Nixon, 40Reagan, 41Bush, and 42Clinton.]