The Long Walk: The True Story of a Trek to Freedom, Slavomir Rawicz
Garfield: A Biography, Allan Peskin
The Elementals, Michael McDowell
My reading rotation, with my current category in bold and my last completed from each category in blue:
- Next item from my book list, 52 Great Books to Read from the New York Public Library, Lynn Gordon , Chronicle Books, 1998.
(One Hundred Years of Solitude, Gabriel García Márquez)
- Item suggested by and/or owned by my wife.
(Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone, J.K. Rowling)
- Suggestion from my local library, or its latest annual community-wide One Read selection.
(The Long Walk, Richard Bachman)
- My personal choice, which may be from any of the other categories or something entirely different.
(The Human Age, Diane Ackerman)
- A biography of one of the US presidents.
(A. Lincoln: A Biography, Ronald C. White, Jr.)
- Suggestion from a friend or family member.
(Cat’s Cradle, Kurt Vonnegut)
- Wild Card–a title that was an impulse or recommendation and moved ahead of my next book already in the queue.
(The Long Walk: The True Story of a Trek to Freedom, Slavomir Rawicz)
- I am also reading one presidential biography in between each category.
(Rutherford B. Hayes and His America, Harry Barnard)
My collection as it was recently. Owned presidents currently are: 1Washington, 2Adams, 3Jefferson, 4Madison, 5Monroe, 6Adams, 7Jackson, 8Van Buren, 9Harrison, 10Tyler, 11Polk, 12Taylor, 13Fillmore, 14Pierce, 15Buchanan, 16Lincoln, 17Johnson, 18Grant, 19Hayes, 20Garfield, 21Arthur, 26Roosevelt, 32Roosevelt, 33Truman, 34Eisenhower, 35Kennedy, 37Nixon, 40Reagan, 41Bush, and 42Clinton.