American Ulysses, Ronald C. White
One Hundred Years of Solitude, Gabriel García Márquez
Rutherford B. Hayes, Harry Barnard
My reading rotation, with my current category in bold and my last completed from each category in blue:
- Next item from my book list, 52 Great Books to Read from the New York Public Library, Lynn Gordon , Chronicle Books, 1998.
(The Color Purple, Alice Walker)
- Item suggested by and/or owned by my wife.
(Hitler’s Last Days: The Death of the Nazi Regime and the World’s Most Notorious Dictator, Bill O’Reilly)
- Suggestion from my local library, or its latest annual community-wide One Read selection.
(The Long Walk, Richard Bachman)
- My personal choice, which may be from any of the other categories or something entirely different.
(The Human Age, Diane Ackerman)
- A biography of one of the US presidents.
(A. Lincoln: A Biography, Ronald C. White, Jr.)
- Suggestion from a friend or family member.
(Cat’s Cradle, Kurt Vonnegut)
- Wild Card–a title that was an impulse or recommendation and moved ahead of my next book already in the queue.
(The Turner House, Angela Flournoy
- I am also reading one presidential biography in between each category.
(American Ulysses, Ronald C. White, Jr.)
[My collection as it was recently. Owned presidents are: 1Washington, 2Adams, 3Jefferson, 4Madison, 5Monroe, 6Adams, 7Jackson, 8Van Buren, 9Harrison, 10Tyler, 11Polk, 12Taylor, 13Fillmore, 14Pierce, 15Buchanan, 16Lincoln, 17Johnson, 18Grant, 19Hayes, 26Roosevelt, 32Roosevelt, 33Truman, 34Eisenhower, 35Kennedy, 37Nixon, 40Reagan, 41Bush, and 42Clinton.]