A. Lincoln: A Biography, Ronald C. White, Jr.
The Turner House, Angela Flournoy
Andrew Johnson: A Biography, Hans L. Trefousse
My reading rotation, with my current category in bold and my last completed from each category in blue:
- Next item from my book list, 52 Great Books to Read from the New York Public Library, Lynn Gordon , Chronicle Books, 1998.
(The Color Purple, Alice Walker)
- Item suggested by and/or owned by my wife.
(Hitler’s Last Days: The Death of the Nazi Regime and the World’s Most Notorious Dictator, Bill O’Reilly)
- Suggestion from my local library, or its latest annual community-wide One Read selection.
(The Long Walk, Richard Bachman)
- My personal choice, which may be from any of the other categories or something entirely different.
(The Human Age, Diane Ackerman)
- A biography of one of the US presidents.
(A. Lincoln: A Biography, Ronald C. White, Jr.)
- Suggestion from a friend or family member.
(Case Closed: Lee Harvey Oswald and the Assassination of JFK, Gerald Posner)
- Wild Card–a title that was an impulse or recommendation and moved ahead of my next book already in the queue.
(President James Buchanan: A Biography, Philip S. Klein)
- I am also reading one presidential biography in between each category.
(Team of Rivals: The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln, Doris Kearns Goodwin)
[My collection as it was recently. Owned presidents are: 1Washington, 2Adams, 3Jefferson, 4Madison, 5Monroe, 6Adams, 7Jackson, 8Van Buren, 9Harrison, 10Tyler, 11Polk, 12Taylor, 13Fillmore, 14Pierce, 15Buchanan, 16Lincoln, 17Johnson, 18Grant, 19Hayes, 26Roosevelt, 32Roosevelt, 33Truman, 34Eisenhower, 35Kennedy, 37Nixon, 40Reagan, 41Bush, and 42Clinton.]