Mornings on Horseback: The Story of an Extraordinary Family, a Vanished Way of Life, and the Unique Child Who Became Theodore Roosevelt, David McCullough
Power and Responsibility: The Life and Times of Theodore Roosevelt, William Henry Harbaugh
West Like Lightning: The Brief, Legendary Ride of the Pony Express, Jim DeFelice
My reading rotation, with my current category in bold and my last completed from each category in blue:
- Next item from my book list, 52 Great Books to Read from the New York Public Library, Lynn Gordon , Chronicle Books, 1998.
(The Great Gatsby, F.Scott Fitzgerald)
- Item suggested by and/or owned by my wife.
(Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone, J.K. Rowling)
- Suggestion from my local library, or its latest annual community-wide One Read selection.
(The Elementals, Michael McDowell)
- My personal choice, which may be from any of the other categories or something entirely different.
(American Indians/American Presidents, Clifford E. Trafzer)
- A biography of one of the US presidents.
(Mornings on Horseback, David McCullough)
- Suggestion from a friend or family member.
(The Brothers Karamazov, Fyodor Dostoyevsky)
- Wild Card–a title that was an impulse or recommendation and moved ahead of my next book already in the queue.
(The Guilded Age: 1876-1912, Overture to the American Century, Alan Axelrod)
- I am also reading one presidential biography in between each category.
(William McKinley and His America, H. Wayne Morgan)
My collection as it was recently. Owned presidents currently are: 1Washington, 2Adams, 3Jefferson, 4Madison, 5Monroe, 6Adams, 7Jackson, 8Van Buren, 9Harrison, 10Tyler, 11Polk, 12Taylor, 13Fillmore, 14Pierce, 15Buchanan, 16Lincoln, 17Johnson, 18Grant, 19Hayes, 20Garfield, 21Arthur, 22Cleveland, 23Harrison, 24Cleveland, 25McKinley, 26Roosevelt, 27Taft, 28Wilson, 32Roosevelt, 33Truman, 34Eisenhower, 35Kennedy, 37Nixon, 40Reagan, 41Bush, and 42Clinton.